A bit frustrating last week, as I canned Tuesday's trip as the Met forecast sounded marginal, even though the map looked ok to me. Transferred it to Thursday, which they predicted would be ok. Tuesday turned out good, Thursday was a no go.
The Metservice have been guilty of this a fair bit, especially when we've been getting changeable conditions. Tending to give too much detail in the Recreational Marine forecasts, which quite often isn't eventuating.
Plenty, on the other hand, often has so little detail that it can be equally hard to make a decision.
We got the weekend in, although Saturday was windy enough that we ended up on the East side of Motiti. Slow fishing but a variety of fish, blue cod, trevally, snapper and tarakihi. And a nice day in the calm conditions.
Sunday was settled and productive as we worked the 50/60m outside Motiti for a good day on the tarakihi, plus a few kahawai. The fishing went well, moving when things died off a bit, kept a steady flow coming on board until the last hour or so, when the current picked up, the tarakihi stopped feeding, moved into midwater and that was that.